Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The pond liner wasn't going to work out as the shape and stiffness of it all just wasn't going to fit with all the lap-overs and wrinkles. I settled for a spay that the manufacture swore would do the trick for what I was doing. I have used their other product called "Liquid Tape" and I loved that stuff. I might just put this in all three to keep from rusting and ease of cleaning. Here is what I am talking about.......


Now before I used it the inside of the freezer looked like this.......



And just after one coat it looks like this.......



It seems to feel the gaps and cracks up right nicely. I will probably go with 7 coats in the chiller since I will be putting 30+ gallons of water in it which will stay in it and used when needed. The manufacture assured me that their product would stand up to it for however long. I personally would like to believe them but I will be looking for a large drip pan that this unit can sit inside that I can plumb to the outside just in case. I for one do not like the idea of having 30+ gallons of water on the floor. ;-)

I will put 2 or 3 coats in the two fermentation chambers to keep oxidation and rust from forming and if there be any spill over from a monster blow off then it will be easier to clean up.

More later.......

No comments:

Post a Comment